All Things Warm, All Things Wet This Weekend

Flooded streets in Pathum Thani province Tuesday afternoon after heavy rains.

BANGKOK — Prepare for a warm and wet weekend in Bangkok and much of the country.

Expect lows of 25C and highs of 37C from Friday through Tuesday in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces with a 60 percent chance of rain, the Thai Meteorological Department said Thursday.


Meanwhile, the north of Thailand should brace for scattered rains, lightning storms and hail in some areas through the weekend. The meteorological department advised residents in the north to stay away from large trees or billboards which may fall over during storms. The rain will largely recede Monday onward.

1493723819167 e1493870987320
A fallen billboard Tuesday in Nonthaburi, which fell over during a storm. The sign damaged five houses, but no one was injured.

The northeastern provinces of Isaan will see a 60 percent chance of rain and hail during the weekend, with lows of 25C and highs of 35C. The mercury will creep up again starting Monday with highs of 37C.


Provinces along the Andaman coast will see a 60 percent chance of rain through Tuesday, with a 40 percent chance of rain in those facing the gulf.