BANGKOK — A large plume of smoke was hanging over Bangkok on Thursday after a fire broke out in a shanty community in the Saphan Khwai area near Soi Pradipat 23.
Flames erupted near Wat Phai Tan at about 2:40pm. Firefighters were working to put out the blaze.
On Friday, police Maj. Jiraporn Montontong said no one was injured in the blaze, which caused by a short circuit. Ten households were destroyed, however.
Update: This story has been updated with more information about the fire.
14:43 เพลิงไหม้บ้านเรือนปชช. ภายในซ.ประดิพัทธิ์23 ถ.ประดิพัทธิ์ เขตพญาไท ล่าสุดจนท.ดับเพลิงกำลังดำเนินการ cr.สังคมดับเพลิง ,FIRE&RESCUE pic.twitter.com/lTNLCOJKgS
— JS100 (@js100radio) June 8, 2017
— Noo-Gook (@NooGook) June 8, 2017
— Best comsci (@thebestcs) June 8, 2017
— pkanchai (@phatkanchai) June 8, 2017
— dear (@nitchinan318207) June 8, 2017