โพสต์โดย Stephen Plawan เมื่อ วันอังคารที่ 26 กันยายน 2017
BANGKOK — An explosion that sent revelers scrambling from a popular gay club in the early hours of Wednesday morning was caused by an electrical transformer, according to the club.
Amateur footage filmed outside DJ Station in Soi Silom 2 showed people running from what was described as a double blast between some time after midnight. A club manager who only gave her name as Dueanpen said Wednesday morning that no one was hurt and staff immediately used a chemical extinguisher to prevent any fire.
“There was something wrong with the transformer. It was not a bomb,” Dueanpen said, though she added that she wasn’t at the scene when it happened. “It looked serious because … we could not use water. We used chemical extinguisher. So the white dust went up everywhere.”
An hour or so after the incident the nightclub released a statement ascribing the incident to an electrical problem.
“We are apologise for electricity problem. For customer who bought ticket today. You can use for tomorrow or after. Thank you for understanding,” it wrote online in English.
Bang Rak police said they were in a meeting Wednesday morning and unavailable for comment.
Silom is home to one of Bangkok’s liveliest red light districts, especially among foreigners, with bars and venues serving a gay clientele in several lanes.
News of the blast was first shared on social media by Facebook user Stephen Plawan.
Duenpen said the club would reopen as usual tonight.