Student Electrocuted While Charging Phone, Police Say

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT — A 16-year-old boy was fatally electrocuted while he was wearing an earphone connected to a charging mobile phone in Nakhon Si Thammarat province last night, police told reporters.

Police found the boy’s body, still wearing his school uniform, with visible burned marks on both of his ears and an earphone still intact. A mobile phone, which was being charged, was found next to his body, said Lt.Pol. Sanya Klomsuk, an officer at Thoong Song Police Station.

The victim most likely died of electrocution, the officer told reporters, adding that there was no sign of struggle on his body.

The boy’s father, 45-year-old Abhichart Srisongkram, told police that there was thunder storm while his son was in his room, presumably listening to music. Abhichart said he found his son dead when he tried to call him for dinner. 

The incident is under police investigation. 

 

 

For comments, or corrections to this article please contact: [email protected]

You can also find Khaosod English on Twitter and Facebook
http://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish
http://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish