Khaosod English is looking for a full-time subeditor for its Bangkok newsroom to maintain our reputation for a quality news source for Thailand. Thai and foreign candidates are welcome to apply.
- Spell checking articles, proofreading copies, and rooting out any embarrassing grammatical errors to save us from being Twitter-shamed.
- Ensuring that the stories “make sense,” are logically sound, and easy to comprehend to average news readers.
- Publishing stories and content on multiple platforms, and coordinating with staff members in the newsroom.
- Several years of professional journalism experience and a relevant degree.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style guide.
- An unbending, orthodox respect for English grammar and spelling.
- A sense of humor.
- Experience in video editing is a plus.
Send applications to [email protected]. Include your CV, cover letter, and a sample of past work.
Note: The subeditor will also have opportunities to write stories for publication.