(26 November) A counterfeit iPhone item with faulty electricity is believed to have been behind the death of a 28 year old man in Rayong province.
Police said the body of Mr. Phisit Changlek was discovered by his father, Mr. Cheaow Changlek, 52, who went to check on his son after he had not left the room for hours. The body was lying topless on the floor.
Mr. Cheaow added he felt a leaked electric current when he touched his son′s body. He also recalled seeing his son talking on the phone which was being charged. After he has gone to bed, Mr. Cheaow said, he heard Mr. Phisit’s moaning in the night, but did not suspect such tragedy.
Mr. Cheaow also told the police he believed his son used counterfeit gadget in his iPhone.
The police said they had found several burns on Mr. Phisit′s hand and chest, confirming their speculation that the victim was electrocuted by the device. Nevertheless, police said post mortem investigation is scheduled for further information.
For comments, or corrections to this article please contact: [email protected]
You can also find Khaosod English on Twitter and Facebook