Carabao shakes energy drink industry with “Carabao Green Apple” tasty and refreshing drink that appeals to the young generation with a monthly sale target of 12 million cans in 2020

Mr. Sathien Setthasit, Chief Executive Officer of Carabao Group Plc. (CBG,) said that Carabao’s vision “World Class Product, World Class Brand, makes Carabao committed to developing and improving product quality to meet international standards whether in term of production or product development in order to meet changing consumer behaviors. In addition, the company has also enhanced the brand image to look more modern to attract the new generation.

“Carabao has been recognized as a specialist in the production of energy drinks in Thailand with over 18 years of experience in the domestic market. Apart from that, Carabao has expanded its production and exported to more than 50 countries around the world. Last year (2019), Carabao has launched “Carabao Green Apple” with belief that the new product will revamp the country’s energy drinks industry because it would appeal to the new generation as a tasty drink that everyone could drink at any time, making Carabao the most popular brand in Thailand. We project the sale of 12 million cans per month in 2020,


Carabao Green Apple is the drink for new generation that could be consumed any time. It’s good for all sexes and ages especially the new generation as they love to try new and creative products and has active lifestyle. The strong selling point of the drink is that it is tasty, refreshing and nutritious as it contains vitamins. The drinks use Guarana which is natural substance. The packaging is also attractive – different from the energy drinks on the market, making it appealing to the new generation. The product has been successful in the UK market and the company hopes that it would also be popular in the domestic market too.

Mr. Sathien added that to achieve the sale target in 2020, the company would continue extensive marketing and activities throughout 2020. The company will use creative approach to reach the consumers under the concept “Carabao Clock” that conveys the message that Carabao Green Apple can be consumed around the clock, and for all age ranges and sexes. The marketing plan will include offline and online activities especially on social media via influencers. There will be activities such as games and music that attract new generations. In the past, CBG collaborated with
Tencent in PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile, one of the world’s most popular esports games. It will help highlight Carabao’s way of youngster concept that underlines the company’s mission of creating good experience for new generation. By doing so, Carabao will be becoming a genuine brand for new generation.
Currently, Carabao Green Apple has sale distribution covering nationwide and the products can be found at leading convenience stores including CJ Express, 7-Eleven and Family Mart. The products are also available at other retail shops around the country, making it very accessible products any time and anywhere.


During the first 9 months of the year 2019, Carabao Group maintained its 2nd largest market share in the energy drink can format category in the midst of saturation of the energy drink market. On the other hand, the sale volume of other brands under the company has been increased by 28 percent due to the company’s good logistic with distribution covering 91 percent of the country. As a result, the company recorded 10.976 billion baht in turnover, an increase of 394 million baht or 3.7 percent from last year. Of that, 54 percent are the sale of energy drinks in other country and the remaining 46 percent coming from domestic market.