BANGKOK — Two executives from the contractor blamed for a deadly gas leak at SCB Park Plaza were charged today in connection with the incident that left eight people dead.
Mega Planet PLC Director Adisorn Foda, who authorized the contract to install a water-free fire suppression system at the bank’s headquarters, and Managing Director Napong Suksa-nguan arrived at the Phahon Yothin Police Station on Tuesday where they heard the charges and were to be questioned by investigators.
The two men rejected the charge, according to acting metro police chief Sanit Mahatavorn.
Investigators have other suspects in the Sunday night incident but cannot reveal their names as the investigation is ongoing, Lt. Gen. Sanit said.
According to Sanit, Mega Planet beat out four other firms to win the bid to install the pyrogen gas system, which activated during installation and suffocated five people to death immediately. Three others died later, and at least seven were injured.
Police said they are reviewing the details of the contract.
Siam Commercial Bank said the company will compensate the families of the deceased with 100,000 baht and an initial 30,000 baht to each of those injured.