(17 June) 2 people were
dead and many more were hospitalized in Taak province after they reportedly ate poisonous mushrooms
fed to them by local hermit.
Mr. Prayad Usahram, director of Baan Huay Nok Kok school in Tha
Song Yang district, told our correspondent that some students became ill after eating food cooked
out of the mushrooms. 5 students – ranging from first grader to fifth grader – are currently
receiving treatments in hospital.
Mr. Prayad cited 2 deaths: a first grader and a man from
According to Mr. Prayad, the victims were attending a religious session held
by a hermit named Mr. Payer Taweesappayakorn. It is understood that it was during the session that
they ate the food which was cooked from poisonous mushrooms.