Kingdom to See Half-Week of Rain Ahead

Flooded streets after an hour of heavy rain Thursday night in Pattaya

BANGKOK — Expect rains across the kingdom through Wednesday, and a slim chance of it Thursday through the the weekend.

According to the Thai Meteorological Department, there’s a 60 percent chance of rain in the capital until hump day, with highs of 35C and lows of 28C. Thursday through Saturday, will see it drop to a 40 percent chance of rain.

There’s a higher chance of rain in the provinces: 80 percent in the south, 70 in the east and 60 percent in the central and northern regions through Wednesday and decreased chances after. Residents on the Andaman coast should beware of storms and rough seas.

The half-week of rain is due to a southwest monsoon from the Andaman Sea that will peak by Wednesday before lessening in intensity.

Related stories:

Sunny Break’s Over as Rainfall Returns

Bangkok to Take a Break From the Wet This Week

Wetpocalypse: Bangkok Floods Again (Photos)There’s a Storm Rising Over Bangkok Tonight

Sunshine and … Just Kidding More Rain All Week


Monsoon Now: Prepare to Get Wet

Flooded Areas Across Bangkok After Last Night’s Big Storm (Photos)

Monsoon Brings Spectacular but Dangerous Falls to National Park