BANGKOK — A fireman had to be treated for smoke inhalation Monday morning after a fire broke out at the Sampeng Market in Chinatown.
The fire started at around 10am on the top floor of a four-story building on Soi Wanit 1 near Sampeng Center and subsequently spread to the third floor.
Four people were rescued from the building. At least one fireman who was part of the rescue effort had to be treated for smoke inhalation, according to police Col. Popthorn Jitman.
The flames were put out at about noon, said Popthorn of Chakrawat police.
— Ratchatham (@Ratchatham) September 26, 2016
10.15น. เพลิงไหม้โกดังเก็บผ้าห่ม ตลาดสำเพ็ง เบื้องต้นเป็นอาคารพาณิชย์ ต้นเพลิงอยู่ชั้น 4 กำลังลามขึ้นชั้น5 cr.ไก่เหนือ pic.twitter.com/r4NbwJTiDH
— Nalinee Siriked (@Nalinee_PLE) September 26, 2016